+  Denver GURPS Group Forum
|-+  GURPS
| |-+  Campaigns
| | |-+  I can't believe it's not Earthdawn
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I can't believe it's not Earthdawn  (Read 7335 times)
Bill

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »

Also,

I can see where I didn't get some of the skill list updates from some of you.  If everyone can please post what you raised/added, I'll update the character sheets.

I still don't have Keelia/Flea's sheet, but, when I get some time, I'll just copy her over from her.  But, I did manage to find everyone elses (still not sure why they keep vanishing!).
Gold & Appel Inc
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »

Hey Bill,

This forum accepts the code tag for formatting that sort of text, the same as the big forum. Or you can just do like I do and fuck with the edit function and spacebar until it looks okay if you hate the way that looks like me.

I can see where I didn't get some of the skill list updates from some of you.  If everyone can please post what you raised/added, I'll update the character sheets.

Here's everything that needs to be changed:

There's a typo in the hierarchy quirk.

We converted Driving (Construction Equipment) to Driving (Heavy Wheeled) to avoid redundancy with Keelia.

I wanted to blow my 5 XP on Guns (SMG) DX+2 [+2]-14, which leaves Guns (Pistol) at 12, plus First Aid at IQ+1 [+1]-11, Driving (Automobile) at DX-1 [1]-11, and Fast Draw (Pistol) at DXc [1]-13.

Thanks!

Player | GM | Masochistic Setting-Adapter | Kallisti | Level 5 Cleric of the Cult of Stat Normalization - Stats For The Stat God! BELLS FOR THE BELL CURVE!
Bill

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 02:43:41 PM »

I have a hell of a time using the formating in the big forum as well.  Also, when I start doing anything that takes more than a single frame of the post function, I can't see past it.  So, I have to do all of my formatting in Word/Notepad and then import it.

And, actually, raising your SMG, raises your default with Pistol, so it goes to 13.
Gold & Appel Inc
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 02:57:01 PM »

And, actually, raising your SMG, raises your default with Pistol, so it goes to 13.

I always forget the "buying-up-from-default" rules...

Can I please also get the stats for the MP5, whatever 9mm pistol I traded for, and the wacky Skaven Flintlock rifle?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:29:00 AM by Gold & Appel Inc » Logged

Player | GM | Masochistic Setting-Adapter | Kallisti | Level 5 Cleric of the Cult of Stat Normalization - Stats For The Stat God! BELLS FOR THE BELL CURVE!
Bill

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 05:16:35 PM »

Weapon   Damage   Acc   Range   Weight   RoF   Shots   ST   Bulk   Rcl   Cost
Beretta M92F   2d+2 pi   2   160/1,800   2.8/0.5   3   15+1 (3)   9   -2   2   35 oz
MP5SD3   2d pi   4   120/1,400   8.7/1.2   9/13   30+1(3)   8†   -4*   2   240 oz
Skaven Ghost Rifle   4d pi++ (3) [4d]   3   80/900   9/.075   1   1(15)   9†   -6   3   300 oz

Had the RoF wrong.  The Ghost Rifle doesn't need any powder, just the ghost-rock round.  It does have to be carefully loaded.
Gold & Appel Inc
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 02:43:49 AM »

Code:
Weapon             Damage         Acc       Range        Weight       RoF       Shots       ST       Bulk       Rcl       Cost
Beretta M92F    2d+2 pi             2         160/1,800   2.8/0.5       3        15+1 (3)    9       -2           2        35 oz
MP5SD3           2d pi            4         120/1,400   8.7/1.2    9/13        30+1(3)    8†       -4*          2       240 oz
Ghost Rifle     4d pi++ (3) [4d]    3       80/900        9/.075        1        1(15)       9†       -6           3     300 oz

Had the RoF wrong.  The Ghost Rifle doesn't need any powder, just the ghost-rock round.  It does have to be carefully loaded.

Okay, so am I reading correctly that the Ghost Rifle does a non-explosive 4d pi++ with a 1/3 Armor Divisor on a direct hit, and then 4d of (incendiary?) frag..?

Bill

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 10:42:12 AM »

You are correct.

When it hits, the back part of the round shatters throwing shrapnel around behind it.
Just what that shrapnel is infused with is for philosophers to decide.
It is not incendiary, just cutting (and some other stuff that doesn’t show up on the profile because you don’t know about it yet, mwa ha, ha ha ha!).
Gold & Appel Inc
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »

You are correct.

When it hits, the back part of the round shatters throwing shrapnel around behind it.
Just what that shrapnel is infused with is for philosophers to decide.
It is not incendiary, just cutting (and some other stuff that doesn’t show up on the profile because you don’t know about it yet, mwa ha, ha ha ha!).

Gotcha, thanks. :]

tshiggins
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 08:19:34 PM »

Hey, Bill. The only 12-gauge double-barreled shotgun in High Tech is Remington-Whitmore Hammer Lifter, which explodes on a roll of "18" if used with TL6 smokeless powder.

However, the Cimarron Firearms Company of Texas makes weapons of all sorts, including 19th Century designs using modern materials, so the knowledge exists about how to do that.

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/shotguns-1/1878-hammered-shotgun.html

So, my question is, could I get the 12-gauge double-barrelled whippet gun that doesn't blow up one time in 256, if I use the most commonly-available type of shells?

Also, how much ghost-rock will it cost me to get that, and either the post-holocaust version of Colt M1873 SAA, or the Colt or S&W M1917? How much damage does a TL7 version of that do, anyway?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765838_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/M1917_Revolver

Thanks!

"Our problem is, our plans never survive contact with US!" -Christopher Denny, veteran gamer, incorrigible punster.
Bill

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 12:04:39 AM »

There are others in the Pulp Guns books.  Which is where the stats for the one I listed came from.  (That's the Whippet-Pistol Grip above.)
There are dozens of models out there, my mother has an awesome room-sweeper double-barrel for home security.

But, to be totally honest, most weapons tend to explode when you roll an 18, when you're playing GURPS.

The Model 25 actually uses .45 Long, not .45 ACP, so finding ammo would be a pain.
The M1917 would be easy enough, but you can't get speed-loaders for that style of revolvers, as it uses a clearing-bar instead of break-open/swing-open style.  They're good guns, but not easy to reload.  

Both of those guns are in Pulp Guns 1.  However, only the 1917 would be available (as they don't have .45 Long in Canon City).  It would be 30oz.

I would try to post the stats but the fora are not being helpful right now.  I'll try in the morning.

Weapon      Damage   Acc     Range      Weight   RoF   Shots   ST   Bulk   Rcl   Cost
M1917 (.45 ACP)   2d pi+    2   140/1,500   2.5/0.3    3   6 (4i)   10    -2    3   30 oz

And agai, the forums still don't like layout.  It looks good in in prep, but not in preview.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:08:57 AM by Bill » Logged
tshiggins
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Bill. I think I just jumped straight to the second page of the comments, without looking at what you'd posted, earlier. Sorry to make you reiterate some of that stuff.

That wippet and/or the .45 ACP look about right. Some version of Keelia's .357 looks pretty nice, too, but rather than duplicate something that's pretty cool for her, I'll go with the .45 ACP, and keep the FN Five-Seven as a backup.

How much ghost rock would the wippet and the .45 cost, and does anybody in the rest of the group object to me using it for this purpose? Do I just go with the GURP$10.00 idea you were kicking around?

"Our problem is, our plans never survive contact with US!" -Christopher Denny, veteran gamer, incorrigible punster.
Bill

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »

The cost listed is in ounces of Ghost Rock.

So, the M1917 is 30 oz, but the .45 ACP revolver from earlier is 40 oz (it has a lower rcl and is easier to reload).
And the Whippet is 35 oz.

It's "mostly" $10 an oz, however, there are some things that cost more and some that cost less (pistols cost less than rifles, and ammo is freaking expensive).  The exact exchange ratio is a rapidly flucutating number in my head that depends on a lot of things.
tshiggins
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 08:44:24 PM »

So, I've successfully moved into my new condo, I have returned from my camping trip only a little worse-for-wear, and I've caught up on the e-mail and messages for my ongoing job search. With that in mind, I've begun the after-action report for the Vault 385 Reconnassance/Monster-bait Team.

Here is the first installment. Please respond with corrections, if I messed up anything.

Thanks!

Reconnaissance of Breckenridge Vault
After-Action Report

The ad hoc exploration and retrieval team departed Vault 385 on March 26 at 08:00 hours, as planned. The team roster remained unchanged, and consisted of Dave Spencer, Steve Nolan, Janice “Flea” Holmes, Donald “Kneely” Carver, Raul Duke, Matt Hagen, Jonathan “Thugee” Lowman and Lucas Hendricks.

Mission Objective: Proceed to the site of the Breckenridge Vault and provide reliable intelligence about its status, as well as the condition of the roads and possible hazards, en route.

(Addendum: Portions of this report have previously been delivered verbally to the Vault 385 administration.)

Day 1 – March 26, 2015
The team proceeded west from Vault 385, deeper into the foothills, using the vehicle acquired during the previous mission. About two hours travel in that direction, the team reached a small complex of commercial structure. Legible signs on the two most significant structures marked one as an “Alternative Treatment Center,” and the other as a “Solar Center.”

The team immediately initiated a search of both buildings. The interior layout of the first building, as well as some of the salvage it contained, indicated the first structure apparently housed some sort of medical facility. However, a diligent search revealed no pharmaceuticals of any known efficacy. The team did recover clean robes, ashtrays, and packaged towels and blankets.

The second building appeared to have been completely stripped of all contents of any sort.

Upon departure from the second building, team members spotted movement on the roof, and moved expeditiously to investigate. A non-human intelligent species was discovered, which resembled a 1.5 meter bipedal rat, and gave its personal name as a series of chitters that sounded like, “Chitcheet.” It said it acted as a scout for a caravan which dealt in various goods, including human slaves, which was currently located in a human settlement about two days west of V385.

The creature also claimed it had “allowed” the team to see it, so as to initiate contact. The team did recover a patch of black cloth, apparently from the skaven’s apparel, with a musky odor that matched the smell of the creature, itself.

This patch has since been delivered to V385 scientists for analysis.

Following the encounter the team continued west and discovered a small community which had been abandoned. Signage indicate this town had been called “Penrose,” and initial reconnaissance indicated it had likely been subject to numerous salvage operations. However, despite this, salvage operations led primarily by Duke and Carver and Spencer met with success in a partially-collapsed pawn shop, as well as a pharmacy in hazardous condition.

A hidden safe in the pawnshop was found to contain some jewelry, and other salvage included hand tools and some cutlery. The pharmacy had some camping gear in usable condition, sterno canisters, and a full propane tank. Recovery of the good from the pharmacy resulted in minor injuries to several team members, from falling walls and ceiling beams.

The team members decided all salvage thus gained likely would make for decent trade goods, and proceeded west. By mid-afternoon, the team reached the site of a flight facility, designated in the signage as, “Fremont County Airfield.”

Given the previous experience with hostile aircraft, the team decided to conceal the vehicle in one of abandoned buildings, and proceeded cautiously on foot. Upon reaching the perimeter of the field, itself, the team noted the presence of a small, propeller-driven aircraft being repaired or refitted by two persons, who appeared to be affixing missiles to the wings.

Spencer, Hagan and Nolan used stealth to approach the two individuals and, achieving surprise, successfully demanded and received their immediate, peaceful surrender.

Spencer initiated interrogation by demanding if the two had been responsible for the destruction of the team’s vehicle in the previous mission and, receiving a negative response, allowed Nolan and Hendricks to proceed in a more orderly fashion.

The pilots consisted of a male human named “Stan” and a female elf named “Daisy.”

The provided the following intelligence:

1.   The Breckenridge Vault (numbered 383) had been reportedly broken about 50 years prior.
2.   The pair were aerial reconnaissance scouts from a community known as “Oasis,” located near a large salt lake on the other side of the mountains.
3.   The human settlement referred to by the skaven creature was known as “Canyon City.” The settlemen contained a few hundred people, most engaged in agriculture, as well as some trade and support services for the skaven caravan and other itinerants.
4.   The were assigned to a conduct a regular reconnaissance sweep of the area around Canyon City and the airfield, all of which (including the territory occupied by V385) is claimed by what they termed a “hostile” force based to the north, in a large city known as Denver. That organization calls itself, the “Combine.”
5.   The small scout plane was armed as a way to defend itself against aircraft such as those encountered by the team in its previous outing. The pilots referred to this type of craft as a “Hunter-Killer,” and said it was heavily armed and guided an artificial intelligence housed in a “zombie brain.” They said the Combine has a number of such aircraft, but tended to use them cautiously.
6.   In addition, the pilots claimed the Combine creates devices called “Warbots” or “Combots’ (combat robots?), which are weaponized, semi-magical automatons.
7.   The pilots said the Combine was formed by “war criminals” after the collapse of the civilization in this area, during an event they referred to as, “The Fall.”
8.   The pilots reported the Combine frequently hired what they referred to as “wastelander scum,” to perform salvage missions and other low-skill tasks. They normally supply these hirees with booby-trapped weapons, and implanted “headbanger” monitoring chips.
9.   The pilots claimed most wastelanders joined for survival or economic gain, and some wastelander communities sent people or goods as tribute, as the Combine frequently experiences shortages in raw materials.

In addition to the intelligence about this “Combine” group, the pilots also had information about the bipedal rat creature previously encountered. They said the rat cratures call themselves “skaven,” and as a group tended to rely on magic spells, with which they are adept.

The skaven’s magic also uses a magical tool called a “warp stone,” which enhances magical abilities, but results in genetic damage after prolonged exposure. The “warp stone” can also result in genetic damage to those targeted by spells it enhances, even benign spells such as those used for healing. It also tends to result in some sort of dependency, in that practitioners who use “warp stones” eventually cannot cast spells unless they have one. The tool can also be used to enhance other items and substances, and is required to create the “spark-juice” enhanced alcohol used in most vehicles.

Upon learning of warp stones, the group deduced that Carver had located one, and had been using it to enhance his spell-casting. Most of the team promptly demanded that Carver never use the device to cast healing spells (or any other spell)  on them, again. Spencer was especially emphatic about this point, and recommended that nobody drink any more motor fuel, either.

After about two hours of interrogation, the team decided the pilots posed no risk to V385, and the existence of this “Oasis” community had considerable potential for useful trade and other contact, and allowed them to depart. The team also elected to exercise prudence, and scattered themselves amongst the structures around the perimeter, until the armed aircraft had been away for some time.

We also ate lunch.

Continuing our travel west, the team next encountered the site of what appeared to be an old prison complex, which appeared to have been largely salvaged in an orderly fashion.

A few miles further and the team reached Canyon City. The town had high walls apparently constructed of material scavenged from the old prison, fortified with weapon emplacements on the corners and above the gate. (See attached jpeg photographs supplied by Duke.) The team gained access to the town without incident, shortly before nightfall, and took accommodations at a local motel.

Initial inquiries about the town revealed the presence of a restaurant, as well as a bar/saloon frequented by the orks and trolls of the community. Upon learning of this, Spencer, Hagen, Holmes and Lowman departed to conduct a more in-depth investigation, and were not seen again until morning.

Christopher
Administrator

Resistance is worthwhile.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 09:11:37 PM »

Excellent writeup, thanks Tom.

Bill

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 10:45:31 PM »

When I get a chance, I will read this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length