+  Denver GURPS Group Forum
|-+  GURPS
| |-+  Campaigns
| | |-+  [DF Mini-Campaign] Little Green Men
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [DF Mini-Campaign] Little Green Men  (Read 4762 times)
Gold & Appel Inc
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 08:17:34 AM »

LITTLE GREEN MEN: ACT II:

It's getting to be that time of year. Everybody who wants in on this, let me know your preference for where the campaign is going next so I can have a few weeks to think and write about it. You just recovered a Fortunate Talisman and kicked a pseudo-Roman century's ass in coastal Ulster. Your options are:

1] Go to Disneyland.

2] Pursue King Cailean of Connacht: Generally-regarded as the best strategist in Eyre, but currently fleeing to turtle up in his own kingdom, it is unclear whether the party could persuade him to re-abandon home turf, and if he would remain on-side even then.

3] Warn King Ultan of Ulster about the enemy at his gates: Ultan isn't the best war king, but it's your home region and he does still sort of have an army. If you emphasize your military genius and play your cards right with him, you might even commandeer it, but he is notoriously fickle.

4] Approach Queen Maeb: A wild-card in this conflict currently, Maeb is besieged and has depleted her forces, but is reputedly a brilliant and resourceful leader who has managed all engagements capably and only lost when she was overwhelmed by numbers.

5] Seek the Yellow Moons: Currently in the possession of Spikedick II, the Goblin King of Caledonia, the Yellow Moons might provide the greatest advantage of all in the war against the giants, but Caledonia has numerous perils, and Spikedick II is known to drive a hard bargain.

6] Seek the Purple Hourglass: The Toon Town option. Going to the Isle of Mana is going to be a total acid trip that is not to be taken lightly, but the benefits are potentially tremendous.

7] Gate-Crash the Giants: It's probably suicide at your current level of personal and strategic power, but they more-than-likely have the Green Clovers (arguably the best Fortunate Talisman) and the Blue Moons in their possession, and, given their numerical superiority in that region, would never in a million years expect it.

8] Go Off the Rails: Propose something I haven't thought of. People can vote for it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:03:10 AM by Gold & Appel Inc » Logged

Player | GM | Masochistic Setting-Adapter | Kallisti | Level 5 Cleric of the Cult of Stat Normalization - Stats For The Stat God! BELLS FOR THE BELL CURVE!
tshiggins
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 08:43:26 AM »

It's Queen Maeb, I'm thinkin'. She'll ha' no chance to resist once she sees me lucky charms.  Wink

"Our problem is, our plans never survive contact with US!" -Christopher Denny, veteran gamer, incorrigible punster.
Gold & Appel Inc
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 06:48:43 AM »

It's Queen Maeb, I'm thinkin'. She'll ha' no chance to resist once she sees me lucky charms.  Wink

ITT, we learn that Tom has a thing for the crazy chicks. ;]

Anybody else have a preference?

Player | GM | Masochistic Setting-Adapter | Kallisti | Level 5 Cleric of the Cult of Stat Normalization - Stats For The Stat God! BELLS FOR THE BELL CURVE!
Lex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 11:45:20 AM »

ITT, we learn that Tom has a thing for the crazy chicks. ;]

Anybody else have a preference?

Don't we all.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but (excepting #1) it seems like the order you listed the missions would be the way to go. Convince King Cailean to march to help us save King Ultan from the wolves at the door, then show up at Maeb's doorstep with a considerable force already built up, and offer alliance. By that point, we should have a critical mass as far as army strength, and can get serious about collecting the Charms.
Gold & Appel Inc
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 07:26:50 AM »

Not to put too fine a point on it, but (excepting #1) it seems like the order you listed the missions would be the way to go. Convince King Cailean to march to help us save King Ultan from the wolves at the door, then show up at Maeb's doorstep with a considerable force already built up, and offer alliance. By that point, we should have a critical mass as far as army strength, and can get serious about collecting the Charms.

Please feel free to presume time-pressure on any or all of the above. Things will not remain static in this game, and the path that the PCs choose may leave others that are available now closed later. For example, chasing after Cailean in the West might result in your arrival just in time to see Ultan's forces reeling from a crushing defeat and at best perform a too little, too late rescue attempt. Leaving Lucky Charms be may result in somebody else snatching them. The giants will continue to move, etc.

Lex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 10:43:44 PM »

In that case, King Ultan seems the most time-critical. That'd be me inclination as an innkeeper... guard the home fires. Other than that, I don't have a strong preference.
wellser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 02:37:28 PM »

I am up for which ever
Christopher
Administrator

Resistance is worthwhile.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 06:34:52 AM »

I vote we visit Maeb to give her the Hearts so that she can recruit and maintain a larger force, and then head off for the Yellow Moons.

I just don't see how interesting any of the meta-strategy missions really are going to be to play.  Why do we care about talking with King Cailean or King Ultan?  Do either of these scenarios involve us kicking down doors and killing stuff or doing anything more than making a few persuasion rolls?

Even visiting Maeb... um what do we do after we say hello?

So other than hand delivering the Pink Heart to the person who seems to be the one who could put it to the most effective use, I say chase the MacGuffins.

Gold & Appel Inc
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 07:11:57 AM »

I vote we visit Maeb to give her the Hearts so that she can recruit and maintain a larger force, and then head off for the Yellow Moons.

Coupled with Tom's vote: Done!

I just don't see how interesting any of the meta-strategy missions really are going to be to play.  Why do we care about talking with King Cailean or King Ultan?  Do either of these scenarios involve us kicking down doors and killing stuff or doing anything more than making a few persuasion rolls?

Even visiting Maeb... um what do we do after we say hello?

I have plans. They all have some problems you guys could solve and are really great at something that you guys are maybe not. The fact that I am bringing them up at all should indicate that they mean something, ie: they're kind of useful but can also be ignored safely.

So other than hand delivering the Pink Heart to the person who seems to be the one who could put it to the most effective use, I say chase the MacGuffins.

That's a valid idea in this setting.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length