+  Denver GURPS Group Forum
|-+  GURPS
| |-+  Table Talk
| | |-+  30 years of GURPS
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 30 years of GURPS  (Read 123 times)
Bill

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:54:33 PM »

I just realized, I've been playing GURPS for 30 years this year.

Queue Keanu Reeves.  I started in, August of 1987, in a Yrth game back in GURPS 2nd Edition (with Kerries, the mentally-deficient, stuttering knight that almost talked the dragon out of the treasure item we needed).  Now it's 2017, and a few months ago, at the behest of my sister, I ran them through a quick dungeon for nostalgia sake. 

I'm still no fan of Fantasy, but, the group agreed the could really do with some murder-hobo fun for a change.
Gold & Appel Inc
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 02:26:30 PM »

Yeah, I used to be pretty sour on the whole murder hobo subgenre, but I've grown to love it  now that I can do it with GURPS and tweak anything I don't like easily.

I still remember the sheer joy I experienced when I got my copy of Man-To-Man in the mail at the age of 12. I immediately started trying to convince my friends to use it for D&D combat, and eventually just gave up on that and started trying to promote full-on GURPS.

Player | GM | Masochistic Setting-Adapter | Kallisti | Level 5 Cleric of the Cult of Stat Normalization - Stats For The Stat God! BELLS FOR THE BELL CURVE!
Bill

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 06:59:32 PM »

After getting the final monster's treasure, I made an off-hand comment that they have enough for a small Spelljammer ship now.

Everyone thought that was an amazing suggestion and I should work on that for the next game.  I warned them that the next game would be back to IW, but, when that is ready for the season-break, I might work up a Spelljammer game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length