+  Denver GURPS Group Forum
|-+  Play By Post
| |-+  Play by Post Game
| | |-+  Play by Post
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play by Post  (Read 6257 times)
zorper
« on: September 15, 2009, 08:26:05 PM »

Go crazy guys.  Let me know what else I need to do for you.
Brian
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 04:23:49 AM »

Thanks. I'm hoping to touch base with Bret later this week, probably Friday AM, and talk some more about the game.

~Brian
Bret
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 12:05:08 PM »

I think it is so cool that we are going to try this, and with one of my favorite new shows. 

Here are my initial thoughts, so tell me what you think.

We need a topic for brainstorming the setting, game mechanics and rules.   

We need a topic for characters that includes a character sheet for people to fill out.

We need a Narrator's topic where those who are interested in narrating can plan plots and create NPCs. 

I think that will get us started, and then we can go from there. 
Matthew
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 10:36:38 PM »

Is this project dead in the water? I still like the idea of a PbP game to keep me connected with the group when I cannot always attend in real life. Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:12:22 AM by Matthew » Logged
Lex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 09:39:57 AM »

Is this project dead in the water? I still like the idea of a PbP game to keep me connected the group when I cannot always attend in real life. Cheers!

I've toyed with the idea of PbP games ... I've never been able to get and keep one going, but then I've only tried with random strangers on RPOL.

That said, I'd be up for something along those lines, especially when we're having scheduling problems with F2F games.
Brian
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 09:03:12 PM »

I've run several PbP game fairly successfully in the past; one ran for almost two years before petering out. If there is interest, I can start running one here. I figure the easiest way to do it would be to run GURPS Lite, with Wildcard skills and abstract combat. Any thoughts on what kind of game you'd like to play? When we had first talked about doing this, we had discussed a Warehouse 13 themed game.

~Brian
Lex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 10:40:06 PM »

Let's see... Monster Hunters seems like it'd be pretty cool in that medium, and it already uses Wildcard skills. Maybe this is the right format for the Slayer-verse games, or whatever other MH game you had in mind -- didn't you mention a WWII type game?

Or, we could continue your Deadlands game ... and speaking of Monster Hunters, that could add some interesting options and ideas to Deadlands.

And if we just want to keep it simple, I'm always up for Dungeon Fantasy.

Oh yeah, and I don't know anything much about Warehouse 13, never seen the show, so I don't have a strong opinion on that.

I'd really be happy to try whatever you were most interested in running. Assuming that everyone playing has all the needed books, I'd just as soon use full GURPS rather than Lite, although I agree that abstract combat is probably best. Or, we could always try to Virtual Table Top it....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:42:03 PM by Lex » Logged
Lex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 10:57:59 AM »

Anyone else interested in this? I've got an account over at RPOL, as I believe does Brian, so we could do it there to take advantage of their functionality.

I'd be happy to play, or run.... it seems like it'd be a great format for rp-heavy, investigative games.
Matthew
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 12:44:26 PM »

I'm game. I have an old account at RPOL. I love the imbedded-in-post private message options there.
Brian
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 11:04:32 PM »

I went ahead and created a "game" on RPoL for anyone interested in playing in a PbP game.

<a href="http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=47693&date=1312869447">Denver GURPS</a>

We can talk about what we want to play, see who is interested, and figure out where to go from here.

~Brian
Lex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 09:25:34 AM »

I'm game. I have an old account at RPOL. I love the imbedded-in-post private message options there.

And the dice rollers are pretty cool too.

I went ahead and created a "game" on RPoL for anyone interested in playing in a PbP game.

I'm there.
Lex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 12:17:07 PM »

We've got a thread!
Lex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 10:13:37 AM »

Since this seems to have stalled again, I'm thinking I might try to get a Fantasy Sandbox game going on RPOL, specifically using the Splendors & Shadow setting.

Here's what I've got so far, if anyone is interested: http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=46979&date=1319389499
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length